NOTICE OF CERTIFICATION AND PROPOSED SETTLEMENT OF
INVOKANA® INVOKAMET® INVOKAMET XR® LITIGATION
Are You Part of the Invokana® Class Action?
Invokana® (canagliflozin) is a prescription medication indicated to lower blood sugar in adults with type 2 diabetes. Invokana® is also available in combination with metformin, under the brand name Invokamet®.
According to various research studies and reports made by the FDA and Health Canada, Invokana® may cause serious side effects and injuries, including:
- Increased risk of lower limb amputations (toe, foot, and leg)
- Increased risk of acute renal failure
- Acute kidney injuries
If you were prescribed Invokana®, and suffered one of the injuries listed above, you may be a Class Member.
At this time, the only action required is if you want to Opt Out of the class or if you want to object to the settlement. For details on and consequences of opting out, please review the information in the Opt Out tab.
The claims administration will not commence until after the Settlement Hearings, which are scheduled to take place for:
- Ontario Class Members: September 29, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. (E.S.T.) at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, 80 Dundas Street, London, Ontario.
- Saskatchewan Class Members: September 29, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. (C.S.T.) at the Court of Queen’s Bench, 2425 Victoria Avenue, Regina, Saskatchewan.
- Quebec Class Members: September 29, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. (E.S.T.) at the Superior Court of Quebec, 1 Notre-Dame Street East, Montreal, Quebec.
How do I get more information?We are here to help! If you have any questions or require further information about this class action, please complete this form and submit. We will respond within 24 to 48 hours.
Please see the contact page of this website for contact information for Class Counsel.